Sign in to follow this  
Chris'69Mach

4 Speed Tranny

What is a good 4 speed manual tranny that would complement the 351 Cleveland nicely?

I currently have the C4 Cruise-O-Matic and would like to have more fun with the car with a manual rather than an auto. I have been told to put a Borg Warner T10 in it.

Just looking for more input.

Edited by Chris'69Mach
Adding Comment

The borg Warner T10 is not a very good transmission to begin with. Especially if you have any power in front of it. Not to mention that are not many parts available for it and few people who work on them

No question you want a top loader 4-speed for your car. Find one for a small block ford car (not truck) There are plenty out there. Don't get the one that some mislead you to believe that its a true 4 speed when in fact its a 3 speed with over drive.

You want one with the following specifications

* 1-1/16", 10 spline input shaft

* 28 spline output shaft (31 spline is better but you will need to change your DS yoke

* 14" length tail shaft housing

* Main case with casting # C5AR-7006 or C8AR-7006, or D2AR-7006, This is the wide 8 hole main case. You don't want a case with the narrow 4-hole #C4AR-7006

I've got a wide-ratio toploader that I just went through, ended up putting a new input shaft in it along with new front bearing and all seals and gaskets. I also have clutch pedal, z-bar and all the linkages. Basically everything you need except for the belhousing. Let me know if you're interested.

Edited by Endeavour32

I've got a wide-ratio toploader that I just went through, ended up putting a new input shaft in it along with new front bearing and all seals and gaskets. I also have clutch pedal, z-bar and all the linkages. Basically everything you need except for the belhousing. Let me know if you're interested.

I would love to buy it from you. But as for now, I am doing some research on changing from an auto to a manual.

I have plans to get a new quality paint job around tax time. Priorities :thumbup1: