Sign in to follow this  
RPM

Rear Brake Line Routing

From the department of redundancy department, can someone direct me to the thread showing the routing and connection points please? I can see the thread and pics in my minds eye. For some reason the search window closes when I start to type. I bookmarked it on a computer which bit the dust. I now email important hyperlinks to myself. Thanks guys.

Bob

C'mon maannn... Somebody's got to have it :) The body assembly manual helps some, and shows the rear line mounts at two spots on the trans x member, but the pics really help. Kinda wordy just to bump it up eh?

Bob

Thanks Wycked, yes it does help. Any chance you might have a pic of where it passes the trans crossmenmber? If not, no worries as my mach is far from stock. Nice work you've done on you car.

Bob

Bob, This might help. The attached photo is from a 68- 8" and would be similar. Might at least jog your memory

A little closer shot. The red oxide bracket is where the metal brake line, coming down the trans. tunnel, ends up. The metal brake line enters the bracket from the top side and attaches to the rubber hose/distribution block and onto the drums. Brian

Here are the ones I can find. The one of the engine firewall is where the rear line starts going to the rear at. The second one is right above the transmission cross member. You can see it runs high up inside of the transmission tunnel. The third one is where the line starts at the master cylinder. I have more but for the life of me I can't seem to find which folder I dumped them into. B.

Edited by LindenBruce
Added pic

Hmm...it figures, I was looking for info on how to install the unique brake line clips and came across the exact pics I was originally searching for. Sheesh. Seems I'm always a day late and a dollar short.

http://www.1969stang.com/mustang/forum/showthread.php?t=12691

http://69mustangrestoration.blogspot...placement.html

Bob