Sign in to follow this  
69_mach_1

Heater Box rebuild

I'm rebuilding my heater box and want to make sure I get all the parts ordered at one time. I have a couple of questions:

1. Are there rubber end cap seals on the heater core?

2. Where can you order the rubber gasket(it looks like a big donut) that goes between the blower motor and the mounting plate?

3. Is there a valve in line in the heater hose? I see it for the a/c model but I don't have a/c and don't see it listed for the non a/c model.

Thanks for any input.

If you buy a seal kit for non ac cars, it should come with all the seals . As for the valve , I am guessing you are talking about the expansion valve on an ac box. That is specific for ac systems so non ac cars do not have them.

The end caps can be bought separately, as when I purchased my heater core they were not included.

CJponyparts.com has them listed for 39$ which is almost as much as the heater core itself.

I was told they wern't really necessary and decided not to run them.

There are no end seals on the non ac heater box, just the ac ones. The non ac has a flat seal that goes on the box that the heater core lays on. That seal has a hole for the heater core tube to go through. On the other side of the heater core there is a metal frame that goes along the outer edge of the heater core and holds it in place. It has a similar flat seal. Both of these seals come in the seal kit. It will also come with directions as to where it all goes. If your box is in good shape all you should need to rebuild it is a new core and a new seal kit.

Edited by Kris