Sign in to follow this  
MustangGT

Rear panel fold down seat rubber

I am so, so, so close to putting the interior in the car and would like to replace the small rubber pad that is supposed to be on the underside of the panel when new.

Attached is a pic of the piece I am looking for circled in red.

I have search several places and I see that Sam over at folddownseat.com had some made by a company in Indiana but he doesn't list who did them.

Anyone tried making their own out of "stuff" laying around the shop? I was thinking about cutting down one of the floor mats from 'China Freight' but if someone has a better suggestion I am open.

I am so, so, so close to putting the interior in the car and would like to replace the small rubber pad that is supposed to be on the underside of the panel when new.

Attached is a pic of the piece I am looking for circled in red.

I have search several places and I see that Sam over at folddownseat.com had some made by a company in Indiana but he doesn't list who did them.

Anyone tried making their own out of "stuff" laying around the shop? I was thinking about cutting down one of the floor mats from 'China Freight' but if someone has a better suggestion I am open.

Thanks for the topic with a picture. I have been holding onto this guy for sometime now without a clue as to what it was for or where it came from. Included is a picture with the sizes; 1 & 5/8" across and 3/16" thick. This one has the glue residue on one side and is hard as a hockey puck. I understand your reason for delay. This panel is the first one in and the last one out in the install/assembly process. Something suitable as a bumper/pad will not be too hard to find. Brian

Struck out at Hobby Lobby and a few other craft stores in my area. I get a deer in the headlights look from the people at the store when I ask about sheets or pieces of rubber. Even had one lady tell me they had vinyl and it was "almost the same thing as rubber". I just said thank you and moved on.

If nothing pops up soon I will go with cutting down a floor mat and sticking it on. No one will ever see - just would be nice to put something close to what was there instead of a piece of foam from 'China Freight'.

Very sorry about this, I went and checked and it was a closed cell foam sheet I got from Hobby Lobby. The rubber sheet I got from Elliotts Hardware, a local hardware store here in Dallas. I dont know if you have found your material yet but I dropped an eBay dealer a note to see if they would sell smaller section of their 3/16" thk rubber sheet.