Chelby-Ann

High beam switch location

Before I lay the carpet down, I need to mount the Hign Beam Floor Switch. I took a picture of how I think it should be mounted. Is this close to where it should go and will it be mounted correctly?

Thanks

Is it just me?  I can't see the pic form the original poster.  I suppose it could be due to the recent change in forum web host software. but let me know if any of you can see the original photo.  I am trying to locate the switch on my floor - which has been covered by dynamat.  I don't have kick panels in, so I am looking for measurements that will tell me where the original screw holes are.

Is it just me?  I can't see the pic form the original poster.  I suppose it could be due to the recent change in forum web host software. but let me know if any of you can see the original photo.  I am trying to locate the switch on my floor - which has been covered by dynamat.  I don't have kick panels in, so I am looking for measurements that will tell me where the original screw holes are.

I replaced my floors so I placed it in the best location possible. Lucky I have everything still apart so I hope this picture serves its purpose. If not it will get you in the general area so you can poke around with an awl so you can find the original holes. Good Luck.

post-14323-0-44736800-1427667149.jpg

Thanks - that really helps.  I've done a lot of poking around with an awl and no luck yet.  My son's 71 has the wires oriented toward the wall - to get the harness up behind the closeout panel.  Mine also has a plastic piece that fits underneath it and retains the harness plug against the switch.

Its' really gonna take awhile poking around I think.  Most places I haven't regretting covering holes with dynamat, but this one is a real problem.  Thanks again for the pic!

Well, I finally pulled out the razor and putty knife, and found the holes.  In my car, the harnessing turns to the right hand side (there is NO WAY to install it in any other direction, as the stock harness pigtail is very short and emanates directly from the fuse-block - no slack to work with).  I took pictures to get as close as possible measurements to the sidewall and the emergency brake cable scarfed hole, and will post soon.  I appreciate everyone's help with the issue.

OK.  Here are the pics of how mine is installed.  These are the stock mounting holes as far as I know.  the harness is stock also, I only had it overhauled by mid-life before putting the original back in.  Seems like a not-right solution to have the harness coming out to the right hand side, but that's the only way this will go back.  Just not enough harness to do anything else with.

Notice the little flat plastic connector-keeper.  This slides on over the harness connector (after mated) and then is held in place by the hold-down screws.  this retains the harness while in this relatively "high-traffic" environment, and keeps the harness attached to the switch.  It was on there when I disassembled like this.  Haven't noticed that in anyone else's posts.

Thanks for all the help - hopefully this will be useful to someone in the future.

post-14729-0-36234500-1428382110.jpg

post-14729-0-88980000-1428382117.jpg

post-14729-0-46841700-1428382126.jpg

post-14729-0-20190700-1428382134.jpg

post-14729-0-83623300-1428382141.jpg

post-14729-0-78459700-1428382151.jpg