Sign in to follow this  
MN69Grande

Carpet Color 69 Dark Ivy Gold

So does anyone out there know what color carpet was used for Dark Ivy Gold interior? Most places only sell a carpet color labeled "Dark Green". I have also seen "Moss Green" and "Olive Green". I ordered lower deluxe door panel carpet already (from Mustangs Unlimited) and found the "Dark Green" looks closer than the "Olive Green". So I ordered the ACC mass back "Dark Green" carpet.... NOT EVEN close. It doesn't even look like a Mustang color really. Anyone have any suggestions. I was thinking of ordering the dark green from Mustangs Unlimited that is not ACC.

Anyway this pick shows the door carpet and floor carpet. Supposedly they are both "Dark Green".

@Kris - This is what I was thinking, but the woman at CJPony parts was of little help. All she kept saying was the colors on the internet will be slightly different than in real life. I kept saying I thought maybe they processed the order wrong as the carpets are made when you order them - from what I was reading - but it didn't matter she said, well you can return it if you like. Ok lady - thanks for that. So at least they are willing to take it back. I guess I'm in for round two somewhere else. I would order straight from ACC but it's like $100 more. Funny how that works.

Ok well the fun times continue. Ordered another set of carpet and got a third color. I don't get it there is only one carpet code I can find documented for 69 so how can it be so far off. Anyone know of a manufacture that is not ACC? Bot these carpet sets were from ACC (1 mass back 1 not) and both were marked "Dark Green" for coupe/fastback. Can we say "Bad Quality Control".

Edited by MN69Grande

So I finally got door carpet and floor carpet that matched. Gave it to the interior guy to throw in while he was doing the roof. EEEKKK. It doesn't match the doors, dash, sail panels, or seats... So I've been reading around and it looks like it is possible to dye the carpet. I had a sample from ACC so I tested the process using the same dye used on the soft trim on the carpet and the results look pretty good. So next April when it's warm enough that's what I'm going to do. I'll try to post back with the results.

So my advice going forward to anyone listening. Don't do a green (Dark Ivy Gold) interior, just don't. Or at least use black carpet.