Sign in to follow this  
LiLMike

Lokar Throttle Cable

Has anyone used a Lokar, or any other brand, of throttle cable and what were the results or your opinions of them? I'm thinking on getting a Lokar cable but not sure which one to order or if it just not worth the trouble. All I have seen is a 36" universal one and I'm not sure if that will work.

Guys do these lokar throttle cables mate up under the dash to the original style gas pedal assembly and arm? Do you have to cut to size?

I do not like the lokar pedals and i want to keep mine. I need to order one of these as well this week to connect to my 8 stack set up

I'm hoping the lokar cable connects to the stock pedal. One thing I can't figure out is, where does the transmission kick down rod connect to? I must be missing some sort of bracket to adapt the lokar cable to my auto trans.

I believe MikeTyler went through the mess of getting it mated up to the stock pedal. I assume chillin is using the factory pedal. IIRC its not a straightforward plug and play for our pedals.

On the gas pedal attachment, I tried folding the spit around on top of one another but didn't like the way it looked. I took a slim piece of 1/8 steel and welded it on the end. MY car has an AOD and I used both the Lokar throttle and TV cable and the Lokar bracket.

Have you bought a cable yet? I have a new Lokar for sale

Yes, I already have the throttle cable. I really wanted to use the stock kickdown rod for now. I haven't really looked at the pedal closley yet. I probably need to. I'm in the middle of the AAW harness install and doing a lot of things so I won't have to tear anything apart for a second time. Just have to figure out this kickdown rod hookup. Miketyler, thanks again for the pedal info.