Sign in to follow this  
prayers1

I'm stuck getting Sail Panels installed

I don't know if it was me or I was just getting too tired, but I just can't get the back of the sailpanel light to seat flush without hitting the body structure. I'm trying to get the alignment figured out before the headliner and glass goes in.

I looked at a few pictures on this site and noticed that the sail panel light from the inside or cockpit view has the widest section of the chrome rim at the bottom or at 6 o'clock. If thats the case, then the light bulb hits the body structure and If I push it a little past it, it extends into the cavity and my guess is that when the light comes on it will light the inside of the cavity.

Here's a couple of pictures, let me know what you think.

InteriorInstall016_zpsc1e3d22c.jpg

InteriorInstall015_zpsf6322f25.jpg

I believe if you turn your sailpanel around, that is how they install. So, your chrome rim is pointing down as well as your lightbulb, which is complete opposite of mine.

It looks like my bulb is pointing in the wrong position

I'll see if I can twist the bulb so that it's point down.

On the original panels they have flat spot in the opening for the lamp. If you have the old ones that will help you get it pointed in the right position. I hope you are going to install your headliner first and your just test fitting!