Sign in to follow this  
ksquared

Side mirror question

I have 3 mirrors in my parts box. Of course each one has different mounting points. The orange one has 7" between screws while the white one has 4.5". I think I took the orange one off of my totaled 70 Mustang (many years ago). What is "correct" for a 69?

http://www.nostalgickitscentral.com/mustang/misc/mirrors.jpg

The orange one possibly. But you have to be careful. Many of the sport mirrors look the same but are different depending on what car (Torino, Cougar, Maverick, etc) they came on. Look on the bottom of the pedestal and you should see a Ford part number. It'll start with C9Z. That's the Mustang version (for both 1969 and 1970). If the number is different, than it's not for a Mustang and won't fit correctly.

Edited by maxum96

C9Z should be correct. That would be a 1969 part number. I believe Maxum96 has a typo in his post. I will check mine this evening (have both off).

Chuck

Yup, I typo'd it. Thanks for catching that.

To the OP, the passenger side is identical to the driver's side except it's not remotely controlled.

Is there any way to tighten up the mirror inside its housing? My passenger side (racing) mirror will not stay in position - like if I hit a bump while driving.

Sorry to hijack this post.

There should be a pair of screws located inside the base. Two screws to remove it from the body to access them.

Chuck