Sign in to follow this  
MustangGT

Front & Rear Molding suggestions

Looking to replace the front and rear molding/trim. I read the reviews for the stuff CJ sells so I am going to stay away from the stuff they have.

Who has found a vendor with good quality/fit molding? Ideally, I want it to fit right out of the box and not have to tweak it.

My car is a sportsroof.

Looking to replace the front and rear molding/trim. I read the reviews for the stuff CJ sells so I am going to stay away from the stuff they have.

Who has found a vendor with good quality/fit molding? Ideally, I want it to fit right out of the box and not have to tweak it.

My car is a sportsroof.

Good luck! I know of no a-m hood lip moldings which are acceptable. I was at NPD in Ventura, Ca a couple of weeks ago, they had zero mouldings. The employee said he didn't know of any quality repops available. I'm gonna bite the bullet, open my wallet and pay for my original to be repaired.

Bob

Good luck! I know of no a-m hood lip moldings which are acceptable. I was at NPD in Ventura, Ca a couple of weeks ago, they had zero mouldings. The employee said he didn't know of any quality repops available. I'm gonna bite the bullet, open my wallet and pay for my original to be repaired.

Bob

I say screw the reviews and just buy what you can get. They will work as proven on mine. Even if you buy X molding that says it fits right out of the box it may still need to be tweaked to fit your car.

I say screw the reviews and just buy what you can get. They will work as proven on mine. Even if you buy X molding that says it fits right out of the box it may still need to be tweaked to fit your car.

I agree. It is all so easy to bend anyways it is going to get a little tweaked in shipment no matter what you get. I have the trim from cj's and it fits fine. Yes I had to make some minor adjustments but nothing you wouldn't have to do with any other and it looks just as nice. Plus if you get it when they have one of their sales it will save you some $.

I agree. It is all so easy to bend anyways it is going to get a little tweaked in shipment no matter what you get. I have the trim from cj's and it fits fine. Yes I had to make some minor adjustments but nothing you wouldn't have to do with any other and it looks just as nice. Plus if you get it when they have one of their sales it will save you some $.

Just from my own experiance in working with 3 restorations (66 vert, 68 FB, 69 mach) I have found the molding repos very unsatisfactory. The metal is definately thinner. Finding original moldings is a little more monay at swap meets and ebay and usaually require some work to remove the scratches but well worth it in my opinion. I'm not a purest, I just like stuff to fit, look, and work properly.

Just from my own experiance in working with 3 restorations (66 vert, 68 FB, 69 mach) I have found the molding repos very unsatisfactory. The metal is definately thinner. Finding original moldings is a little more monay at swap meets and ebay and usaually require some work to remove the scratches but well worth it in my opinion. I'm not a purest, I just like stuff to fit, look, and work properly.