Sign in to follow this  
Rip Rock

Mod Motors

Been thinking of getting a mod motor. Get it built for 1000wrhp. I can always tone it down. I would rather get it over built than under built.

Has any member went through this already? The good and the bad?

Would like a turn key if possible, but I would settle for a long block if I had too.

What companies or people do you recommend? I have looked into MMR and pro weld performance. Any other suggestions?

I'm currently doing this swap. Ive got the towers cut and am half way through installing the rod & custom mustang 2 style suspension. I have a 2003 cobra engine and transmission waiting to go in. It's a lot of work and can get expensive if you can't do the work yourself. So far, the most expensive part of the swap is the front suspension. For me at least.

A lot of people will say it's not worth it because of cost or whatever. In my case, financially, it's worth it because the whole swap (including engine/trans) will be cheaper than the 408 stroker I was initially planning to build. My car will be a daily driver again. So I'll get great drivability, reliability, and decent gas mileage out of the swap. Not to mention power that will rival a 408w.

Angel, do you mind e-mailing me pics on your install? Or do you have a build thread?

Would love too see whats all involved in this. I will be doing all the work just like all my builds, so the install will be free lol

Whats the deal on these coyote motors? Are they better than a 5.4 with 4 valve heads?

A sales man was saying to me , people have done a turbo`d coyote motor with 91 pump gas with a single 76mm lol Now i dont believe him as the motor was stock, without arp head studs, and with out race gas, just find that hard to believe.

a 1000+ hp coyote is not hard to achieve, i dont own one myself, but i have built them for customers i usually use a twin turbo setup with smaller turbos (quicker spool) but 1 large turbo like a 76 or 78mm will also work but wont kick in as soon as smaller ones

a 1000+ hp coyote is not hard to achieve, i dont own one myself, but i have built them for customers i usually use a twin turbo setup with smaller turbos (quicker spool) but 1 large turbo like a 76 or 78mm will also work but wont kick in as soon as smaller ones

Would you mind emailing me with pricing? I would like a "complete" turn key. Including covers, belts, ps pump and etc. turn turn key, not just a long block.

After trying to save up money for the swap( was going to get one from a forum member), I came across a very good deal on a 08 shelby gt500 motor. I went for it. 5.4ltr so it is the widest one.

I got a couple of questions now.

Is it easier to do a mustang 2 swap or cut the shock towers. I got a whole new tcp front end. About 100km's on the new parts, so it will be a shame on getting rid of it.

For the sump. It is a rear sump, so a mustang 2 might be easier in the long run then?

The power rack just took a crap last night. Did a 3hr drive with a bunch of newer mustangs. The car was very strong. Then going around a corner and something happened. It was hard to control on the road. Lol the car is basically parked for the season I think. :(

As far as electrical, I will use the fast xfi and fast xim systems. Have to buy 3 harnesses and some sensors. This seems like the most "money savings" thing to do. I am however getting the PCM and engine harness for it. So I can still decide if I want to use the stock system and a sct tuner. For the stock system I will have to buy the engine harness to PCM and the drive by wire peddle assembly.

I bought a 2011 gt500 engine and trans for my coupe. I had thought about selling the '03 cobra engine and using the Shelby until I made some measurements. The 5.4 makes the 4.6 look small! IIrc, the 5.4 is about two inches wider and taller. This was a deal breaker since I didn't want to buy a cowl hood. The tr6060 is about the same size as the t56 so the work involved there would have been about the same. I would definitely recommend a suspension that removes the towers. It can be done with them, but the engine will fit very tight. Fatman fabrications stuffed a 5.4 into their mustang using their strut style front end. It looks like it just barely fit.

I bought a 2011 gt500 engine and trans for my coupe. I had thought about selling the '03 cobra engine and using the Shelby until I made some measurements. The 5.4 makes the 4.6 look small! IIrc, the 5.4 is about two inches wider and taller. This was a deal breaker since I didn't want to buy a cowl hood. The tr6060 is about the same size as the t56 so the work involved there would have been about the same. I would definitely recommend a suspension that removes the towers. It can be done with them, but the engine will fit very tight. Fatman fabrications stuffed a 5.4 into their mustang using their strut style front end. It looks like it just barely fit.

I agree about cutting out the shock towers. Only way to got with the 5.4.

I got 2 quotes back from the above links. Guess which one was 6,500 and wich one was 8,500? That is also there entry level pricing on both units. Lol:scared:

Originally I wanted to get a 03/04 cobra. Have a buddy who is selling a block with rods and pistons. Just wanted a more complete motor. Going to do a single turbo or twin turbo set up. I think my mind is made up.

You won't be disappointed with the RC kit. Do you already have an engine? I just happen to be selling a wrecked 2007 GT500. Car has 16k miles. The car was in a roll over so the body is toast. Drivetrain is fine though. I'll try to update my thread soon.

You won't be disappointed with the RC kit. Do you already have an engine? I just happen to be selling a wrecked 2007 GT500. Car has 16k miles. The car was in a roll over so the body is toast. Drivetrain is fine though. I'll try to update my thread soon.

Yes I all ready have a 5.4 mod. Got it from a 2008 shelby gt500 minus the blower. Was planing on going twin or single turbo. I also have a t55 magnum as well but not sure on what bell housing and clutch to get. Look forward to your update on your thread.