Sign in to follow this  
TommyTheCat

Help - Trans cooler lines to radiator connector issue

Looking for some help. I just replaced the transmission cooler lines, but I can't figure out the connection at the radiator end.

At the trans end of the lines, like the original set, there are male connectors, which work fine...

BUT as you can in the pic below, there's only a female connector/nut at the other end of the lines to meet up with the likewise female rad connector. Why didn't it have a male connector at both ends? Any suggestions?

I assume I can find the right hardware, but I thought this was a fairly universal connection. I'm missing something obvious or the part came to me set up improperly.

8702324809_626545d60b_b.jpg

EDITED by GnarlsDarwin, on Flickr

Well who knows what really happened there are so many different types/sizes of connectors it's not funny. Unscrew the brass fitting from the radiator tank and take it down to your local hardware/plumbing store and get the male/male fitting. One end will be pipe thread where it screws into the tank and the other will be for a flare fitting for the cooler line end. Bruce

You will need a piece of hose between the radiator which is solid mounted and the trans lines that will move with the rubber mounted engine and Transmission.

Unless you have s flexible part in the lines somewhere else?

You will need a piece of hose between the radiator which is solid mounted and the trans lines that will move with the rubber mounted engine and Transmission.

Unless you have s flexible part in the lines somewhere else?

Factory lines often do not have any rubber hose anywhere in the line, there is plenty of flex in 6 feet of light steel tubing.

I have often gotten new radiators and just taken the fitting out if the old ones. I have also cut off the female end and run rubber hoses as well. You have lots of options, including running an external cooler.