Sign in to follow this  
dsc2

69 Mustang commercial

Found this link on Youtube.......

May help with all the questions about original appearance of our cars. Notice the sportroof models without front/rear spoilers and slats. It seems like everyone has added the Boss 302 front spoiler during restoration. For me I like seeing the less is more look, since it has really disappeared.

Getting the marti will tell people if they had them or not from the factory. Many people liked the look of sportslats/spoilers and had them added at the dealership or aftermarket. I think it actually depends on the color. The 1970 definately look better b/c of the removal of the vents over the tire. Looks kinda bland without them. Look at a 1970 grabber orange mustang without sportslats and rear spoiler and you will see what I mean. Put a shaker on that badboy with the noted slats and spoiler and you have a bad mama jama. Most of the marketing was filmed early and no one knew how desireable the options were, so thats why you dont see them.

From what I read spoilers and slats were options from the factory only on 1969 Boss 302's. However they were so popular that many Mach 1, and other Sportroof owners went to the dealerships and ordered them for their cars. In 1970 the slats/spoilers became an option on all Sportsroof models from the factory.

From what I read spoilers and slats were options from the factory only on 1969 Boss 302's. However they were so popular that many Mach 1, and other Sportroof owners went to the dealerships and ordered them for their cars. In 1970 the slats/spoilers became an option on all Sportsroof models from the factory.

Yep thats true. Lots were added after seeing the boss with them. These were boss 302 specific options I know of that could not get on any other car. These saved the 1970 mustang IMO b/c of lack of charater in the 1970 car.