Sign in to follow this  
DRASTiK

Little Help Please

Long story short: The driver's side experienced some poor hacking by a PO.

After replacing most of the metal, I'm doing body work now in preparation for paint. As you can see from the pics, the rear curve behind the windows don't match. The passenger side (unmolested side) has a screw in it, but the driver side doesn't seem to have a place for a screw (seems to have been tacked together, as part of a previous repair). I don't have the original trim pieces to compare.

How do the trim pieces in the lower corner of the rear side windows attach?

I'm trying to determine what work needs to be done so that it'll be correct prior to paint.

Any help is appreciated!

i replaced both quarters, but the replacement quarterskins for the coupe don't extend that high. PO cut up another car and grafted it onto this one.... poorly.

Thanks for your help. If drilling a new hole is all i need, I'm a happy camper.

I'm wondering if the extra metal piece on the passenger side is related to a vinyl top install. That may explain why the other side doesn't have it? If my car came with the vinyl top but the car the driver side quarter was replaced with didn't have one, then I'm not missing anything and can just remove that metal from the passenger side and move on. I did have to weld up holes on the passenger side from the original vinyl top.

Thanks for the feedback guys. When comparing the pics, you'll notice the section of metal held on by the screw is missing on the other side. Its like an extension of the drip rail. Is that metal necessary for anything or can it be removed from the passenger side to match?