Sign in to follow this  
ksquared

Throttle cable question

Anybody familiar with how the throttle cable attaches to the gas pedal? My car is 35mi across town so I can't get to it easily (and I sure don't remember this detail). I have a need to replace the original cable with one from Lokar. Does the cable connect to the pedal like it connects to the carb (snap thingy to ball on carb lever)? Also, how long is the original cable? I'm building a 428 with 4 Webers so that's why the need.

Edited by ksquared

Since the dashboard is out of my car still I figured it would be easy for me to check for you. I looked at the end of the pedal bracket where the cable attaches & it is concave with a vertical slot in it AL4.jpgACC1.jpg

On the end of the cable that attaches to the pedal linkage there is a cilidracal piece of metal that goes through the hole in the linkage & locks into the concave part. (see attached pics). Hope that helps.

Mike.

I recently swapped out the original throttle cable & bracket for the Lokar stuff. What a huge improvement! The action is so much smoother and I was able to set the height of the pedal very easily. I used part #'s SRK-4000 & TC-1000HT, install is very easy and the stuff is top quality.

Hey chillininnh, would you elaborate on your Global West parts? Is it SFC? I can't find it on their website. I really like your car. It's very close to what I'm trying to get to except mine is pewter.

im having a problem with my cable falling out of the pedal rod when the car is running. is there anyway to make it more secure?

I had the same problem with my original setup before switching to the Lokar. I used a small zip tie to keep the barrel on the end of the cable in position, worked fine.