Sign in to follow this  
ashleesmach1

What car , truck, suv can I get

doesn't our 69 70's have a b pillar too? The car originally has shoulder belts and lap belts. They are heavy and uncomfortable! My plan is to replace these belts with some modern ones that will be safer. I have a Little girl at home that is wanting to drive on special occations her daddy's 69 Mach1. She would look so cool going to school events, in that car. I know ... I know I'm crazy! But after all, it's just a car. I got great insurance on it through Hagerty. I just want her to enjoy it a little bit as I have. so you can see that this is a priority for me. I'm not impatient Just want to make this happen. Thanks!

Ashlee'sMach1 what year was the Kia Spetrum you took the belts out of? I am in a similar situation and was hoping to go the same route, however my local junk yard is pretty small so I was hoping they would have the same year you used. If not I'm sure same generation will work.

Thanks!

Cost is a little bit of a factor. I don't want to spend over 200 for a set. I don't need the fancy emblems or anything yet. Maybe someday, but not yet.

Could you send me a link to that though? It might be worth checking out.

I pulled a set from an 84 Ford Ranger. They seem like they will work nicely. I just haven't bolted them in yet. Being as they are Ford, they look correct for the car.

Newer Mustang belts (at least as old as 94) mount inside the body. They are not similar to older cars which mounted to the floor beside the seat.

Chuck

lseann, can you verify that these will fit correctly?

Or can anyone else?

Chuck, thanks for the reply. That's a good idea to search for other Fords since mustangs are collectable the belts are more expensive. I appreciate the suggestion.

I bought a set of those universal belts a few years ago and they work good. If you see a set you like maybe just find out the approx measurements you have to work with and ask the seller if the belts will work for you. Otherwise try to find a universal seat belt manufacturer website and maybe they could offer more info about what might work in your car.