Sign in to follow this  
69ISH

295/60/15 will they fit ???

Hi,

Does or has anybody used 295/60/15 tires on the rear of their 69 Sportsroof.

I would like to fit these and I do have the lip rolled on the wheel arch and I am having a diff built to suit the wheels which I am purchasing so backspace is not an issue as I can have the diff made to what ever length I need.

I am looking at purchasing 15 x 10 rears with a 4.75 backspace and may even reduce to 4.5.

Any advice would be highly appreciated.

Cheers Rodney

Thanks guys ,

Sorry was a typo above should have been 295/50/15 on the rear with 15 x 10 and 4.5" backspace and 235/60/15 on the front with 15 x 8 and 4.5" back space and have been looking at BF Goodrich radial TAs that is if I can get them here in Australia

Edited by littlered69stang

At the moment, I have 295/50/15 on mine while its at the bodyshop. The rims are Weld Prostars 15x10 w/5.5 bs. I got a 1/4" side clearence from the leafspring, with gas shocks the tires rub on sharp turns and bumps. I haven't had any passengers in it, but I'd guess it will rub as well. The bulge of the sidewall lines up with the outter edge of the fender. I don't know if rolling the fender will help, but I did have to shave down the inside bump stop.

Here's a picture how the car looked when I first got it with the 295/50 15's

1969MustangIns003_zpsf3b1b7e7.jpg

Thanks guys ,

Sorry was a typo above should have been 295/50/15 on the rear with 15 x 10 and 4.5" backspace and 235/60/15 on the front with 15 x 8 and 4.5" back space and have been looking at BF Goodrich radial TAs that is if I can get them here in Australia

Hi Rodney, I have a set of 295s on a set of 15x10 simmons I can trial fit on my car (69 coupe). The wheels have a 6 inch backspace so they may not fit properly but I can get some idea of clearances. If you have trouble sourcing tires I'm interested in selling the 295s. I had them fitted to the rims about 8 years ago but are virtually new- been lying around the shed without a car to fit them to. I'm not far from you- just the other side of Toowoomba.

Edited by shaun071
left my location out

15x10 you want 5.5" BS as I currently have the setup you want. No issues with bump stop or rubbing. I did put these on my dads car and they did hit the bump stop, so every car is a little different.