Sign in to follow this  
ramair351

rear disc brake conversion kits

Hi,

I have recently fitted one of the SSBC kits. They are OK but the instructions that come with it are lousy, I got most of the information I needed of several forums I did managed to get the parking brake to hooked up without lengthening the cables, but I spent several hours trying diffent combinations. The one thing I noticed is that the brackets for the brakes cables are fitted in diffferent places by people, the important thing is to get the angle right otherwise it binds on the caliper. My current problem with this kit is the parking brake is not great and here in the UK we have an annual car test which includes the effectiveness of the parking brake and at the moment mine will fail. I am hoping as the pads bed in it will become more effective.

IMG-20130421-00060_zps603e2266.jpg

Edited by TonyV8

Anyone running a "big brake" kit in the rear? I have 11.65" rear rotors from a 2003 cobra and I was wondering if anyone has a larger diameter rotor in the back? My rear rotors look kinda small with the 18"s in the back. I know it's not necessary, but I would love a larger brake set up in the rear.