Sign in to follow this  
puzzledeagle

Need help with vacuum hoses with 69 302 V8

Hey guys, I just recently got myself a 69 Mustang with a 302 v8, the wiring was a mess but I finally got that figured out and it now has spark. However the vacuum hoses are a mystery to me as they're all missing, and the service manual I ordered hasn't arrived yet. What goes to where, can anyone point out what to connect here? Thanks in advance.

1002680c.jpg

1002677b.jpg

Looks like a smog motor in an older chassis? Hell, from the photo it almost looks like a Cleveland.

I would get a non-egr intake, a period correct carb, and a distributor for the application and most your vacuum hose problems will go away. The only vacuum hose on a non-air 69 302 with manual brakes should have is a single ported line to a single fitting on the vacuum advance on the dizzy, if I am not mistaken. That and PCV.

The 69 manual isn't gonna help you much with a later model mill from the smog era in there.

Well, if those are the pics of his engine he isn't running a power brake system. So that takes care of one of the lines. I agree with max power. It looks like some transplanted a newer motor into his 69 chassis. Changing out the intake, carb and distributor will go a long way toward fixing a lot of these problems.

If you are running an automatic you will need one line from the manifold to the transmission modulator. You will then need to see which of the ports at the carburetor have vacuum only when the throttle is open and run a line from that port to the front port on the distributor. Ignore all the others and plug any that are leaking. Bruce

Thanks guys, I finally got the car running but I still have no clue where most of the vacuum lines go. Not to mention what engine it even is in the first place. Here's more pics of the engine and the markings on it.

enginev.jpg

Google'ing "D4DE-9C485" says that it's the engine for a 1974 Ford Maverick instead. Is this true, could it actually be a Maverick engine?