Sign in to follow this  
jonwen

69 mustang rear coil over

hey i am new to this site wanted to know if anyone used the rear 4 link suspensions i am looking for ride quallity not a stiff ride and do they have the same travel as the stock suspension i am looking more for street driving and do not have the best roads thanks

Welcome to the site jonwen. There are several companies offering rear suspension set-ups for classic Mustangs, trust me, I've looked. Price and quality does come into play, just like anything else. Some that I've considered doing business with are Ride Tech, TCP, Griggs, and the one I ordered the complete front and rear set up from is Street or Track. I wanted to have a single supplyer on my suspension, and I didn't want to mis match coil-overs, or have to engineer my own set up. The coil over will dictate how much suspension travel you will have, there agean, it can vary between 3.5" to 5.5" (or more) depending on supplyer and application. Some people will swear by their leaf spring set ups, if that is what they like, me, I wanted to have the suspension to not bind, or use a component to do more than one "task" (ie. keeping the housing centered, and supporting the car,...) at a time. Plus, my car is getting a wider inner wheel well, and re-locating the leaf springs would not work to well. Search around, there are + / - to everything, find what you like, and can afford, it is not exactly cheep. Good luck

The Street or Track 3-link looks very good IMO. You get a lateral location device (watts link), decent shock travel, and quality shocks (Bilstein)!

Personally I have the TCP Rear Pushrod Suspension System (RPSS), which is basicly a 3-link/w watts link too, but it is a stiff ride.

Have any of you found a quality setup that allows for the exhaust to go out the rear? I like the streetortrack setup (I have their front) but I don't want a side exhaust. I also don't know how to weld or own any welding equipment, so I need something that will bolt in.

Sorry for the hijack!

i installed the ridetech kit front and rear on my 69 and i love it. it requires the welding of 4 tabs for the upper arms which will be the last thing done after everything else is bolted up and centered. i think the ridetech rear kit is about the same as tcp. rod and custom out of florence sc has a complete bolt on kit for about the same price. i went through motorstate and got the front and rear ridetech kit for 3100. every piece of the suspension on the car was replaced. the best money i have put in the car by far.