Sign in to follow this  
69_Mustang

Running 255 or bigger up front on 15" wheel

I've looked at dodgestang.com but the biggest tires up front on that site is 235. I'm sure 245 can fit, but what about bigger than that.

I have 15x8" wheels up front and 15x9" wheels out back. I'm looking on running 295s out back and trying to get a good stagger with a 265 or 275 up front.

Now, on 15" wheels, will that even be possible with stock type suspension... has anyone every fit that size up front?

Worst case I'll just go with some 245s up front, just trying to see who has pushed tire size that far up front.

EDIT: Will 305 fit out back?

Also, I'll be running those 1.5" spacers up front which will give me a lot more room to work with, I'll just need to run more camber. I'm trying to measure the best I can with what i have, but that can only help so much without actually having an actual tire.

Edited by 69_Mustang

On a 15" rim you're not going to be able to get anything really any bigger than probably a 225 on the front. I have 215 on the front and that's the biggest I could go without rubbing on the upper control arm. But I do have Global West tubular upper control arms. I have 275 tires on the back. But my car is slightly lowered. If I wanted to raise the back of my car up and didn't care if the tires stuck out, I could go larger.

i have pictures from four people who claimed to be running 245 60/15's on the front.

Really? Could you share those pics here?

That would be awesome to see!

I just need some more meat up front to improve handling; those 215s I have are just not doing the trick and braking is horrible. I'll be getting a front end coilover kit soon, so I'll be able to adjust ride height to shift more weight to the rear and hopefully get a good 50/50 or even better a 49/51 weight split ratio to improve take-off traction.

Really? Could you share those pics here?

That would be awesome to see!

I just need some more meat up front to improve handling; those 215s I have are just not doing the trick and braking is horrible. I'll be getting a front end coilover kit soon, so I'll be able to adjust ride height to shift more weight to the rear and hopefully get a good 50/50 or even better a 49/51 weight split ratio to improve take-off traction.

i have them in a MS word file (split into three files so people can receive them). provide your email and i will send them within a day.

i have pictures from four people who claimed to be running 245 60/15's on the front.

I'm sure that's true. Just most people can't get anything bigger than a 225 up front. But not all tires are equal. If you took several different brand tires that were all 245/60/15, mounted them on identical rims, I bet you'd find some a little wider than others.

I'm sure that's true. Just most people can't get anything bigger than a 225 up front. But not all tires are equal. If you took several different brand tires that were all 245/60/15, mounted them on identical rims, I bet you'd find some a little wider than others.

they were all bf goodrich radial t/a's