Sign in to follow this  
rawlinss

hard steering out of driveway...

I have an automatic 1969 Mustang Coupe with a new power steering pump. Having a hard time steering moving car around out of driveway. When you give the car some gas it is fine. Is this normal or should there be some adjustments made? Any suggestions appreciated.

Sandie

Edited by rawlinss

Pulleys are correct size. Has new power steering pump. Power Steering lines Bled....

It is an Automatic.

Any more ideas????

Car still has hard steering at idle...................

Edited by rawlinss

used the F Fluid. Bought a new PS Control Valve, but from what I have been reading, new ones are bad sometimes to.

Bought rebuilt PS Pump. How do I check to make sure it is working properly and the Pressure??

Last thing to check or change is power ram. Unfortunately when I was trouble shooting mine found there was no real wasy to easily test components. That is why I exchanged all components including hoses. Lot of people don't change out hoses when putting new componets and they don't seat correctly because of inner seats are conformed to old hoses/valves and you get leaks. May want to call John at Cockostang. Really knows his stuff on these PS systems. Good Luck.

Edited by PaleRider