Sign in to follow this  
dl69droptop

sub frame connectors or suspension first?

l would do suspension first, once dialed in and everything is level then sfc. I went with the tubular Global West from Opentracker. Open tracker also sells some nice suspension pieces, check out the Roller Spring Perches.

I have never heard any real convincing opinions that one way is better than the other. If your body is solid and straight, it seems like it shouldn't matter. If your body flexes substantially by adding suspension to the equation, it seems like you have bigger problems to tackle first. Just my opinion. Lots of theories and ideas out there. Would love to see hear some real experiences.

I added SFC to a coupe- I was worried about this issue but moreover- what if I jack it up (flexing the body) then weld them in with a twist. So I left it on the ground, held the SFC in place witha jack and tacked it in pretty good via MIG, then jacked it up, and finished welding. As I went I continuously checked the body gaps, looking for any changes (there were none) Obviously in a vert- you reallly want to watch the flex. My vert is very solid, no wrecks, etc- when I jack it- it does flex (duh no big surprise) If the car is sagging- I would jack it until it is level plus a hair more, and then weld the sfc in (my thinking is that it would still sag a hair due to metal fatigue/being a vert with settling/weight of car) so adding 1 little extra "bow" might keep the gaps right over time. I think if you ensure the car is pretty straight- you can do the susp whenever you want (1st, last, whatever)

l would do suspension first, once dialed in and everything is level then sfc. I went with the tubular Global West from Opentracker. Open tracker also sells some nice suspension pieces, check out the Roller Spring Perches.

X's 2, did the same thing(s). :thumbup1: