Sign in to follow this  
jeepcj7304

Deck/ Trunk mounting Help

The measurements were to the center of the bolt, I can also get you the other measurement but it will have to wait until sat if that is ok. PM me about just to remind me because at my age I forget very easy. LOL.

Is it possible for you to get in the trunk with the lid down? I think a better way to go about this would be to have someone close you in the trunk with a light and a marker, then they can align the trunk lid and you mark the hinge mount where it goes into the trunk lid. Once that's done you can climb out, measure from the mark to the threads on the mount and drill in the lid accordingly.

There is an insert that goes inside of the bracket. What I am showing is the trunk lid off of the car. This is the left side. It will probably be more helpful if you leave the brackets mounted to the car.

You can slide that insert into the square tube that is part of that bracket. As you can see, there is a tab that sticks out. In the top of the bracket, you will see 2 notches cut, and when you put that insert into the tube, the tab will fit into the notch to the right.

If you look at the bracket from the side, you will see the 2 nuts.

Put the other insert in the other bracket, and face that tab to the left, making sure that you can see the nuts right up against the tube. You can install it 180 out, so just make sure that the nuts are right next to the tube.

Take the trunk lid and slide it over the bracket. There are 2 bolts per side, so bolt the trunk lid to that bracket. You may have to adjust the lid so it is right with the trunk opening, and your done.

On my last picture, you can see the nuts bonded to the insert.

DSCF00422_zpsc3b4c9f0.jpg

DSCF00432_zps27c020e2.jpg

DSCF00442_zpsc5dc3b2f.jpg

DSCF0048_zps191953aa.jpg

DSCF00462_zps2dd54da9.jpg

Edited by Nightowl

Awesome night owl that is just the part I was talking about. Even better news is that I found both of those in the box of Misc. parts that came with the car. I there any way to adjust the left to right adjustment of the trunk to get an even gap on both sides.

That is something I am not sure about. Now if I did it to my car, in the state it is in, (meaning no interior) I would just get the bolts tightened up so I could move it slightly, look at the sides, and reach in and tighten up.

Now I suppose you could also do it by making sure that it latches down, then tighten up, but you would need to pull your rear interior to do that. I am sure someone here has done it without removing the interior, so maybe they could chime in to help you out. :smile:

I don't think that it can be moved side to side, just back and forth, because you are bolting it direct to the deck lid bracket. You might have to shim it, to get it straight, but there again, I am not sure how that would work. You are working with a fiberglass lid, where mine is metal. One thing you could do, is ask a dealer that sells them if they come with a template, and just maybe they may have one laying around, or maybe the template could be purchased for a few bucks. Its worth a try.

Edited by Nightowl