Sign in to follow this  
Daves69Coupe

Bubble flare

Yup, and not sure what you are trying to do but Napa Auto Parts (and probably most others) sell sections with bubble flare on either end. If you are going standard flair on the other end, these might be a solution for you. Dirt cheap too.

That kinda works with soft tubing. They do make a bubble flaring kit as opposed to the single and double flaring kit.

whats a better option?

buy the bubble flaring tool

buy a different prop valve that takes a normal flare or just bring lines to shop and let them make the 2 flares I need

Or buy a pre bubble flared length of tubing, cut the othe end off and add the std double flare on? All would work, time, money and availabilty come in to play.

I went out and bought some bubble flared line last night.

Cut it and double flared the other end to connect to distribution block.

Gonna connect everything back up tonight and see if the leaks have stopped at prop valve.

Just for future reference to anyone that pulls up this post in the future, most parts places that offer free loaner tools (Auto Zone for one example) have flaring kits in their assortment you can borrow.

Just for future reference to anyone that pulls up this post in the future, most parts places that offer free loaner tools (Auto Zone for one example) have flaring kits in their assortment you can borrow.

I had the single/ double flare tool but totally spaced on checking to see if they loaned the bubble flare tool out