Sign in to follow this  
wfridolfson

stroked 351c

Alot of companies are building aftermarket windsor blocks with the Clevland style main berings, so cranks and rotating assy. are out there. There are alot of choices, the limiting factor on a stock block will be the bore. I would look into a 408 ci set up for the extra cubes, which would not cost that much more than building it a 351 if you were replacing everything.

Heads, there agean, bunches of them. I am a fan of canted valve heads, and my favorite would be CHI's 3v offerings. They have the closed combustion chambers, with the 2v ports, so you don't have to run it to the moon to make power. Edlebrock has power packs now that might be cheeper to use as a packadge, probably more streetable. I see that you are in NC, check out Handy Racing Engines, Dale is easy to work with, and builds some fast stuff.(tell him Walker sent you) He is looking for parts to start my 427w build. Find out what you want your motor to do, and plan a complete packadge, you will like it alot better when you match ALL the components. Good luck with the build.

http://handyracingengines.blogspot.com/

looking to build the motor for weekend driving, occasionally to the strip, i've seen different kits one from scat, my cleveland now is starting to smoke a little when i really get on it so instead of a regular rebuild i thought i would throw a little more at it