Sign in to follow this  
brandos69stang

Seats ......... which ones?

anyone running 83-86 GT seats or SVO seats in their 69-70 stangs?

looking to upgrade.

Dont like stock seats

Dont like Procar / Scat

Dont want BMW

Considered Fiero

But these GT seats are easier to come by. TMI also make upholstry that looks like comfort weave with red stripe (mach 1 look)

main question is , being 6'4" I could use all the head / leg room i can get.

Which ones sit lower, Fiero or 83-86 GT style? .......... the Fiero look very similar to the SVO when comparing their side bolsters, but not sure on seat height.

thx.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT6ntIPXeve669SMuDCZNvOKtxFTkQhs0IJrEt3p3iG3xIY2EUpimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcS9L4j69Y5ucBFVl8v_vRB_1NuLIpfynXs0FsFr3iB1xY381XldQg

I have an 86 SVO, these cars came from the factory with Ricaro seats. They sit alot better than a GT seat, alot more bolster, and they have adj. lumbar support. The GT seats feel flat as a comparison. Hight wise, in a 69, shouldn't be to bad. If I was looking for a set, I'd go SVO over Fiero or GT

I have 85 GT seats, but they are repadded and new covers froM TMI. I used the MACH 1 covers for them and no head rest. I will have to get some better pictures, cause the ones I have dont show the seats that well. Work better than stock and give a bit more head room when reclined.

You didn't mention price. If you can set that aside for a moment, it's hard to get any lower than some Recaro's with the webbing underneath. Basically, when you sit on the seat, the straps underneath just about touch the carpet. These are some Model C "Orthopedics" but many Recaro's have similar seat construction.

IMG_1106.JPG