Sign in to follow this  
Tstrick5565

No Gauge Lights help

Hey everybody. So hopefully somebody might be able to tell me if I'm on the right track here. So awhile back I took my instrument cluster out to replace some of the burnt out bulbs. At this point I had about half of the lights working. After I reinstalled all the new bulbs and put the cluster back in I got no lights at all. I finally got around to working on it this week an here's where I'm at so far:

Getting power at the pin for the cluster from the blue/red wire with the headlights on. But I'm not getting any juice to the bulbs so I'm thinking its the circuit board?? Its pretty beat up and cracking a little bit so I've got one on the way from CJ. Sound like that could be the problem?? Thanks!!

BTW all the gauges work fine and the high beams light works.

there are tricks that have to be followed to get the lights back when they fail...

suggest using the search function on this site. It had to do with alignment of the flex PCB.. I had the same problem but it's been years since I overcame this issue.... memory fading in old age....

there are tricks that have to be followed to get the lights back when they fail...

suggest using the search function on this site. It had to do with alignment of the flex PCB.. I had the same problem but it's been years since I overcame this issue.... memory fading in old age....

I couldn't find anything relative to what your talking about... What do you mean the alignment of the flex PCB?

You're probably on track with the new circuit board, if you changed out to LEDs I believe they are polarized so need to be sure + & - sides. It could be a small break in the copper running to ground on the circuit board. If they were working and now don't, it makes me think of grounding.

Quick update still need some help here. So I got the new circuit board put in today and still the same problem. But heres where it gets weird, While playing around with the multimeter I've realized that I don't have hardly any continuity on my lower dash panel. When I check the continuity between the ground wire and the blue/red dash light wire I do have continuity there. Still have power to the cluster plug but no lights. HELP!!!

I would check the fuses again maybe you blew the 4amp one. I believe its the wire at the cluster thats yellow with a green strip where you connect at the cluster printed circuit that gives you power to the cluster illumination . Does any thing else not work such as lighter, clock etc. I believe I blew a fuse the first time I took that out. Hope this helps.

Edited by klevor
wires

The fuse is good...I think your talking about the Blue/red wire that goes to the cluster for the lights? This whole thing is making me think its a ground problem because I've got power at the cluster and the lights but they just don't turn on. The ground for the cluster comes through the plug in the back correct?

There should be a yellow and green that gets voltage also I believe. Maybe this will help also. The 4 amp fuse is also tied into the instrument and cluster lamps also. Yes the ground should be black . It seems to be somewhere in the vacinty near the bluered and greeenwhite. Zoom the attachment in and maybe it can help us figure it out.