Sign in to follow this  
TALLADEGEJONNY

69/70 floor pan

Currently, absolutely nobody makes a correct 69-70 floor. Dynacorn really dropped the ball on this one in the eyes of many (myself included). Been there, done that. To get the ribbing correct in the front floor sections, you have to graft sections from front floor patches into place to duplicate the ribs. Hateful thing to have to do to a perfect, new floor IMO.

Wow, who knew my work would be a reference photo for someone else. It was not too difficult but it did take time. If I were to do it again I think I would use a 71-73 floor patch panel graft it in, It has the correct form for the "spine if you will, just needs the "fingers" elongated.

This site shows the area that is incorrect and a nice job modifying it. The front drain should have a fourth rib in its place.

http://home.roadrunner.com/~jamesmlay/

Wow, who knew my work would be a reference photo for someone else. It was not too difficult but it did take time. If I were to do it again I think I would use a 71-73 floor patch panel graft it in, It has the correct form for the "spine if you will, just needs the "fingers" elongated.

Right fine work by any description Mike! Best example I've seen of this technique. :punk:

Thanks for the complements. I used 2 of the pre 69 panels. I bought a preformed panel from Horse Heaven but it was poorly stamped at best

If I were to do it again I would have used a pre 69 & a 71-73 to create the correct shape.:

A113R-B.jpg

Horse Heaven panel:

DSC02549.JPG