Sign in to follow this  
kazlaszlo

WTB-rocker arm

Hi Jeff, thanks for the info. I emailed /responded to the ad, hopefully he will get back with me.

That is exactly what I am looking for.

Kaz

It's been listed for a pretty long time, so I would think he would be pretty anxious to finally have a buyer.

I bought it. Expect it delivered UPS on 5/3, just in time for my upcoming carshow of 5/5. Hope one out of the 8 rocker arms are good.It gets me going.

The rest is just bonus.

Thanks again Jeff.

Your car is similar to mine, it is a Q code as well with a C-6. I am in the process of installing a Gear Vendors unit, to get me on the hiway. ( I had a 4.56:1 rear, just changed it to 3.55, still running 3K RPMs at 65MPH)

Glad I could help. Mine is a black primer at the moment, and has a 1966 428 block. I haven't worked on it much as I'm getting the small block car ready to sell, then put that money into the Q code. Good luck at your show, and send me some pictures of your car when you get a chance!

Hey Jeff. Attached a photobucket link. I got the car ready ( rocker arm and valve spring ) Friday night and won 1st place Saturday.

Kaz

http://i924.photobucket.com/albums/ad89/kaz_Q_CODE/kazs69Q.jpg

Sharp looking car, and congrats on 1st place!

My car only has the rectangular "428" badge on the hood scoop. Did you add the "Cobra Jet" script, or did it come that way originally to the best of your knowledge? My car is a San Jose plant May build. What's yours? Send me a engine bay picture when you get a chance also.

My is also built in San Jose, Nov '68. Sold in Houston TX and died in Lubbuck Tx. I added the script CobraJet. I had no hood or interior. Did have the engine ( no exhoust manifolds) Also 4.57:1 slip 9" ( I changed it to 3.55 and adding a GearVendors Over/Under.

http://i924.photobucket.com/albums/ad89/kaz_Q_CODE/enginebay5-21-12.jpg

Edited by kazlaszlo

My is also built in San Jose, Nov '68. Sold in Houston TX and died in Lubbuck Tx. I added the script CobraJet. I had no hood or interior. Did have the engine ( no exhoust manifolds) Also 4.57:1 slip 9" ( I changed it to 3.55 and adding a GearVendors Over/Under.

http://i924.photobucket.com/albums/ad89/kaz_Q_CODE/enginebay5-21-12.jpg

The link doesn't seem to work. My car was in a front end accident prior to my buying it. A previous owner replaced the hood, but I'm told the hood scoop is original. The folks on the Cobra Jet Mustang say mine is too late to have the script, but early cars may have it.

Is your car a Mach 1? If so, do you plan to put the Mach 1 stripes on it?