Sign in to follow this  
StephenC

Ford 9" Length

I am having a Fab9 rear end build for my 69 FB and need the length from flange to flange on a 9" I know the overall length is 59 1/4" but that doesn't help me much because that measurement is from axle axles I believe.

So I should have it built to 54 1/4" then. That article says 59 1/4" from flange to flange subtract 5" for bare housing. But thats confusing because if its 59 1/4" from flange to flange there is nothing else on the housing that would ass 5"?

The distance from the tube flange to the axle shaft flange is where your brakes mount essentially. Since they are building a housing are you going with a torque arm? 31 spline axles? Anything special?

OK I am having them build it to 54 1/4" thanks guys. Its a Fab 9" rear housing with truss back brace, I just ordered a Strange Nodular 3rd member case, 31 spline Detroit Locker, aluminium Daytona pinion support, and going to go get the axles and bearings tomorrow. I am probably going to go with the Mustang Steve 99-04 disk conversion and for suspension I will be using the Rod & Customs triangulated 4 link.

Just wanted to say thanks I just got my Fab9 and everything is correct. If anyone needs a beefy 9" or just likes the looks of the Fab9 and doesnt want to pay the price tag on one of the TCP Fab9 I would get a hold of Jim Winters over at Winters-Racing.net he is a really good guy and does great work for a good price. He can build any sized housing you need with any options and can set it up for coil overs or shackles. Got to say that my experience with him has been nothing but great. Only took him 3 or 4 days to build it from nothing!