Sign in to follow this  
concrete-steve

Need a 351 Cleveland expert

:yes:... It was a good deal.

Then spent the next 3.5 years gathering parts to build it. :yawn:

Old school build with period era parts of the time.

Only new tech is full rolller rockers and a StreetFire ign box so I have a rev limiter.:sneaky2:

But by collecting parts over time, watching for deals and searching the net. From the scatter sheild to the rad and Oil pan to air cleaner Under a 3500.00 budget Tire frying toy.

For a Ball park number, I would find a unique body and drop that combo in.

Cause everyone knows C"s...:punk:

Sorry guys, got sidetracked with work. The plan of attack is a new cam, lifters, springs and see where we come out. Hoping the rockers are ok and he doesn't have to keep throwing parts and money at the thing. Won't know for another week or so, but I will post when we sort this out.

Good luck Steve, hope your friend gets it sorted out without too much cost.

As for what the clevo and toploader is worth. I just bought a toploader with all the bits to transfer from auto to manual and I paid $1350 here in Australia. Just for the box, no engine. They normally fetch around $1800 with all the bits. The shifter alone for an XW-XC falcon in need of a rebuild is around $300, again here in OZ. A 351 clevo generally goes for around the $800 to $1000 mark complete.