Sign in to follow this  
Big Secz

Toque Specs

So now that I no longer have my car I'm trying to keep myself busy helping out others work on theirs. A friend of mine has a '66 vert and he wants to replace the center link, inner/outer tie rod ends and connecting sleeves. I told him I would do this for him. My only question is if anyone knows the torque specs on the tie rod ends and connecting sleeves. In my '70 it was 35-40 ft lbs for the tie rod ends and 15 ft lbs for the connecting sleeve bolts. Just wondering if it's the same for '66. Sorry to post the non 69/70 stuff here. I posted this in another Mustang forum and never got any help. The people here are much more willing to help a brother out.

Edited by Big Secz

So now that I no longer have my car I'm trying to keep myself busy helping out others work on theirs. A friend of mine has a '66 vert and he wants to replace the center link, inner/outer tie rod ends and connecting sleeves. I told him I would do this for him. My only question is if anyone knows the torque specs on the tie rod ends and connecting sleeves. In my '70 it was 35-40 ft lbs for the tie rod ends and 15 ft lbs for the connecting sleeve bolts. Just wondering if it's the same for '66. Sorry to post the non 69/70 stuff here. I posted this in another Mustang forum and never got any help. The people here are much more willing to help a brother out.

Edited by Big Secz

This is right out of the 66 Mustang shop manual, 19-26 for the connecting sleves, & the tie rod ends is 30-40. It has a foot note for the last setting that says tighten to the low limit of the spec then tighten the nut to the nearest cotter pin slot & insert the cotter pin. Hope that helps.

Mike.

This is right out of the 66 Mustang shop manual, 19-26 for the connecting sleves, & the tie rod ends is 30-40. It has a foot note for the last setting that says tighten to the low limit of the spec then tighten the nut to the nearest cotter pin slot & insert the cotter pin. Hope that helps.

Mike.