Sign in to follow this  
Trav_450R

My new 69 Coupe!

The good, drivers side is not bad, drivers door opens and closes great, with a small rust spot towards the bottom, fenders are great, hood needs work, decklid needs a little attention.

The bad, passenger door skin, passenger quarter panel, tail light panel, floor pans, torque boxes, the passenger front inner fender apron, and a rust spot on the trunk pan thats about a 4"x4" section.

I do think I should've jewed down when I got there but it was dark out, raining, etc... Now that I've gotten out in the daylight and really seen what I've got... O.O what did I get myself into?

From those pics, I'd say floorpans and all external sheetmetal from the doors back, except the roof, upper quarter sections (not available aftermarket anyways), and possibly trunk lid will need to be replaced. Starting to sound like my car ;-)

From those pics, I'd say floorpans and all external sheetmetal from the doors back, except the roof, upper quarter sections (not available aftermarket anyways), and possibly trunk lid will need to be replaced. Starting to sound like my car ;-)

if you plan to rebuild it, make it a fastback...you are buying all new sheet metal anyways. WOW

true he can convert it to a FB BUT if he decides to sell it in the near future, it won't sell for much and he has to state that its a coupe and the conversion would probably be worth more than the car itself, so he will most likely lose money both ways if he goes that route.

I say restore it to its original form, sell it, then buy a FB.

but the way the car stands, i think you picked a lemon. i would use that car as a donor and find another Coupe or even FB. It may cost more but its worth the investment. GL with what ever you decide to do. :D

if you plan to rebuild it, make it a fastback...you are buying all new sheet metal anyways. WOW

true he can convert it to a FB BUT if he decides to sell it in the near future, it won't sell for much and he has to state that its a coupe and the conversion would probably be worth more than the car itself, so he will most likely lose money both ways if he goes that route.

I say restore it to its original form, sell it, then buy a FB.

but the way the car stands, i think you picked a lemon. i would use that car as a donor and find another Coupe or even FB. It may cost more but its worth the investment. GL with what ever you decide to do. :D

Don't get the wrong idea bud. If you decide to fix her we will be here to help if needed. My car OS the perfect example of rebuilding a car for the joy of it as opposed to the monetary value. Its all about what you want.

Edited by DRASTiK

No offense to any FB guys on here, but in my area, thats all people talk about. Once someone finds out you have a classic mustang the first words out of their mouth is "OH OH! is it a fastback???" It just seems like everyones got a FB, im a coupe guy! I realized what I got but so far im gonna stick with it. Its going to get full framed, and a bunch of other body modifications. I would like the rear spoiler section off a FB on the coupe. I seen Chip Foose do that on a 69 Vert and it looked amazing... I've got a 32V 4.6 modular with an Eaton M112 ill build for it too, then all i need is a T56. 1969 Terminator! :D

Yall would probably be proud of me, i sold this thing last week! broke even now im trying to find a better shape coupe with a 4 speed

I think you made the right decision. Good luck in the search for a new one!

The guy who bought it, called me the next day wanting to see if i would help him title it, since kansas you can title things very easy and missouri is a huge pain. He already has floor pans, trunk pans, doors and a fender... O.O waaaaay farther ahead then i was!