Sign in to follow this  
Chelby-Ann

Lower dash help

I'd like to prep my lower dash this weekend and want to remove the washer wiper assembly and light assembly switch. There has to be an easy (smart) way that they come off without using too much force that will break them. Any suggestions?

Thanks

If your talking about the bezels, There is a tool that you can buy that is made for this. With the light switch, the rod will actually come out of the switch with the knob still attached. You have to reach under the dash on the light switch, and there you will feel a button that needs to be depressed to release the switch rod. Some use a needle nose to put into the slots that are into the bezel. I made a tool out of a hacksaw blade, and that worked well for this. The tool costs about 25 bucks but it sure helps, and was easier to use than the tool I made out of the hacksaw blade.

I see that the tool I bought from this catalouge has gone down in price. Oh well, its still a really nice tool to have. I should have waited 3 months, and I would have paid the reduced price. LOL

Edited by Nightowl

I had the right size snap ring plyers to fit nicely into the slots and that did the trick. Thans CRUZZAR!

I'll take one of the rings to work and have them make me a tool to assemble them back when I'm ready. If anyone would like one I would be more than happy to make you one. Just PM me.

Thanks Again