Sign in to follow this  
Kf chris

VIN question?

Good day all,

I was looking over the mustang and the title I got when it was purchased. I did not validate the VIN with the title when I got it (which was a huge mistake I see now that has me worried) so I only have the title paperwork for it. The VIN is 9A58F115408. I know the last 6 numbers are the car's number, and the first number is the year built. the "A" does not come up on the website that I looked at for decoding the VIN, nor is the 58. the "F" means that the car was an original 302 2V. Any help with this would be appreciated. Thanks!

I would contact the seller and advise him of the wrong title. It could be a simple mistake or a crime. If you receive the wrong, or no answers from him, contact the police. As they say in Vegas, good luck.

First you need to contact the seller as RPM states. I suspect he's going to give you a line of BS.

Next you need to find out if the car is stolen. You will probably have to take it to a small town police dept. Try to talk to a cop and not some bureaucrat pencil pusher. If you want to PM me your VIN I can do a cursory check.

If you can determine the car is not stolen, I have a 500.00 fix that is legal and solid to rectify the situation. You can PM me and I will explain it to you over the phone, too much typing for me.