Sign in to follow this  
jag

Looking for '69 4300 carb

they come up on ebay all the time. just type 4300 into the search or autolite 4300, etc. i have bought several carbs on ebay with little trouble finding what i was looking for. also, you should probably hold out for an NOS one, for some reason there are tons of NOS 4300 carbs out there....can't think why that would be :eek:... this carb wan't one of ford's better ideas really. they can be made to work ok but still not the greatest carb

Thanks for the reply B Nickel. I was looking on EBay and trying to decide whether to go 4100 or 4300. I have a stock Mach 1 and try to keep it stock.To stay stock or not. The million dollar question.

JAG

Thanks for the reply B Nickel. I was looking on EBay and trying to decide whether to go 4100 or 4300. I have a stock Mach 1 and try to keep it stock.To stay stock or not. The million dollar question.

JAG

if originality is the main concern than go with the 4300, if stock but not necessarily original is acceptable then go with the 4100, it's a much simpler carb and better overall it's also a buttload more reliable. i'd probably run the 4300 if i could get an NOS unit that i know has never been jacked with before

I have a 1978 4300 carb I will give you if you want. You pay for shipping. In 1978 it had that smog stuff and might not be of much value other than for parts. Shipping will be about $10. Where do you live in Iowa? I am from Minneapolis and travel that way from time to time.

You can learn from my mistake. I wanted to go as close to original as possible so I bought a 1969 4300 with all the correct numbers stamped into it, then spent $200 to $300 to have it rebuilt. I was having issues with it so I took it off so I could take it back to the shop, for fun I took the carb off my Mach 1 that hasn't been on the road in 20 years. The car ran like swiss watch with the Holley off the Mach, after the 4300 was 100% the engine still runs like wet poo down your leg. Forget original unless you plan to be judged in a concours event, the 4300 carb is a fat turd.

Yes, I understand that about originality. Everyone of us cares a bit about originality or we wouldn't bother with cars 40 years old. :-)

I tried selling it on ebay and nobody was interested, even for $5. So that says a little about the demand for this carb.