Sign in to follow this  
AK3327

door speaker location

I don't have any measurements but here is a pic of a car with factory speaker holes. You can pretty much figure out the location by it's proximity to the other holes in the door for window adjustments.

24043040002_large.jpg

As mentioned, the depth of the speaker is an issue. Ones with big magnets will hit the window when it is down. So make sure the window is down when trying it. I mounted mine with a 1/4 inch spacer between the speaker and the door panel so it would not get in the way of the window. But you go out too far and the window crank handle can get in the way. I have power windows, so I don't care about that.

If you are installing electric windows the area that was originally for the window crank can be used to mount a speaker. While the speaker will not be in the stock location by moving it a little higher in the door it will give you a little more room for the magnet. Here's a pic of my door.

p5220026.jpg

I made the upholstery panels for the doors myself. I used 1/8" pvc sheet material and thin, high density foam under both the black and titanium material. I tried to replicate the stock "standard" door panels but I wanted to carry the upholstery all the way down the door to the bottom so as not to see the painted steel area. The speakers are Infinity model 6032S1.

Edited by Cruzzar