Sign in to follow this  
prayers1

What else can go wrong NO POWER!

Sorry to burden you guys with my problems, but I have a MAJOR one now.

Instead of waiting for Mallory to get back to me about the replacement parts, I picked up a new SBF HEI Distributor. The following was done w/o installing the HEI. I just left the Mallory Dist in with NO POWER to it. I wanted to double check TDC and needed to bump the motor. Also, the Coil has been removed. I went to turn the motor over and nothing but a click. I double checked my connections (new battery) went to do it again, as I turned the key my voltage gauge showed 12 v, interior light were on, but when I went to turn the key all the way there was a click then ZERO on the voltage gauge, in fact no power anywhere. After looking around, I thought maybe the solenoid, so I replaced it. I turned the key on, voltage gauge was 12v, then went to jump it with the solenoid, again CLICK now I hear that it’s coming form the solenoid. Now I'm not getting any power to the ignition 12v wire. No power to the headlights or interior. I did a continuity test of the brown wire from the solenoid to where it comes out of the fire wall and before attaching to the ign wire and that was good. I can turn the motor over with the solenoid (screwdriver), but not key. If I leave a test light on the ign 12v wire and the other end on the batt, the light will light up if I crank the motor with the solenoid. I even disconnected the alternator to see if any change NONE. Right now NO POWER to anything, but I can still turn the motor over with the solenoid.

Does the Coil need to be hooked up to have power, I don't think so!!!

FYI-NEW engine wire harness

Before I did what I did today. I got in the car turned the key on and the heater motor was blowing and lower dash lights were on as well as 12v on volt gauge.

Now What’s Up!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I pulled the ignition switch out. Saw 2 terminals with very tiny arching marks, less than a 1/16. They were not next to each other and the switch is new.

T determine if I'm getting power to ignition switch, I put a test light to the heavy red wire on the back of it and ground to shifter tunnel. Nothing.

I also, took the test light to the Fuse box and Shifter tunnel, Nothing!

If No power to fuse BOx what else?

Could it be a fuseible link. Where's it located.

Double check me on solenoid wire- red/blue towards front, brown towards rear.

Reread wiring diagram to double check things. Played with ignition terminal, pushed wires towards switch, put battery cable on, open door interio lights came on, turned key engine cranked. Stopped for now, too late at night, I'll go back to it tommorrow.

I think I'll have to get one of those ignition switch pigtails.

2708216184184040_1.jpg

Thanks to all for responding as soon as you did. That's what I like about this site. You don't have to wait too long of a time. It's like you guys are right here.

Thanks Again!