Sign in to follow this  
Nightowl

Car Condos.

I live 30 miles from there. Definitely a rich man's hangout. It's far cheaper to build a nice garage on your own property if you are inclined.

Oh so True, from the video you can see that most if not all are the open checkbook not wrench turning types.:rolleyes:

Oh so True, from the video you can see that most if not all are the open checkbook not wrench turning types.:rolleyes:

Who cares? I know a lot of guys who LOVE cars, but either didn't have the money earlier in their life where they could have had the time to learn to twist wrenches or they just have the money where they don't have to do any major work.

The thing is they love the cars.

Don't get me wrong, I DO think there is a sense of pride in doing your own work...but it's no biggie to me if someone has the work done for them.

Not looking to argue, just don't see what the big deal is with that.

I do live just outside of an area south of Atlanta where there is money....I wonder what kind of research was done to see how well something like that would do around here. I would need investors (without a doubt)...but it may be something that could go over very well...and I know where there is a large track of land by the smaller local airport where corp executives fly in and out....

Hmmmmmm...

I'm sure it would go over good there because of the population. There's always people out there that have money. I go to Phoenix every year to see my son, and they have something called an Air Park. Its basically an airstrip, concrete of course, and the people that use it either have homes, or rent homes right there, and fly in and out. Quite a concept for those with money. I looked at it from the Bing Maps website, and it looks somewhat like they have in the Twin Cities. Its not for everyone, because the difference of the 2 places is the cost of the toys. :)

I was reading that the Palm Springs area is hoping to build something similar with a small road course associated. But of course anything in Cali will go to the highest bidder and will be way out of most of our paycheck ranges.

Not looking to argue, just don't see what the big deal is with that.

Maybe I just have a sour taste left from the last show I was at.

As I was walking back to my car,This fellow was looking over my car and pointing out the flaws on it.

While its now a show car/trailer queen but a driven one so yes it has some flaws.

Like the most people I don't have an open check book to spend countless dollors on it.

I do all of the work and have a budget.

As I was wandering the show I spot this fellow sitting behind a very nice looking coupe. So I look it over and inquire as to some of its componants.

All I get is a deer in the lights look from him and an answer from his wife of, He doesn't know.... All he does is write the check and brag about it!

Yea they are real car guys....:shifty:

Yea they are real car guys....:shifty:

Man, sad thing is every sport, hobby, job, etc has it's small share of assholes. Don't let that one douche tarnish the enthusiasm someone else has for cars but may (for whatever reason) take a different route than you.

I totally understand where you're coming from and I probably would have called him out on it to be perfectly honest - "Wait, you're going to come over and pick apart my car, but you can't tell me jack about your own?"

Anyways...handle things your way....I just wouldn't bunch all "open check book" car enthusiast together. I've met some over the years who may not have twisted the wrenches, but KNOW whats in their car and could probably tell someone more than they care to know about their own ;)

take care.

Chris

yup yup.... you will find arse's at every show... i figured out early on that if i was going to get my car like i wanted, it was going to be a combination of me and my bud's doing work and farming out the work i dont know or dont have time to do ... (multiple jobs, school) paint, stroker motor, etc. i just didnt feel comforatable with 5k worth of heads and forged stroker kit building my first motor...

i let my car sit for about 9 years due to various reasons and finally decided to do something or sell it...

the guys that pic your car apart, well i laugh at those guys... OCD isn't what its cracked up to be... lol ... i hope they have everything like they want it on their car... if they have one...

mine isnt perfect now and it will never be... i plan on driving it... ill know every flaw.. after staring at it for hours... i wanted to be different so i built it different.... no factory paint markings as of yet..lol.. and im sure some people will not like it.. but... oh well.. they can walk on down to the next car and see if they like that one... beauty is in the eye of the beholder...

:angel::rockon:

Man, sad thing is every sport, hobby, job, etc has it's small share of assholes. Don't let that one douche tarnish the enthusiasm someone else has for cars but may (for whatever reason) take a different route than you.

I totally understand where you're coming from and I probably would have called him out on it to be perfectly honest - "Wait, you're going to come over and pick apart my car, but you can't tell me jack about your own?"

Anyways...handle things your way....I just wouldn't bunch all "open check book" car enthusiast together. I've met some over the years who may not have twisted the wrenches, but KNOW whats in their car and could probably tell someone more than they care to know about their own ;)

take care.

Chris