Sign in to follow this  
danno

AM FM 1970's with MP3

Just in case anyone is interested, I do the modification on the factory radios so they will work with an MP3 or CD player. I have one on ebay now, search for " AM FM Ford Mp3 69 " and you should find it. You can trust buying from me, I am in this forum all the time and will treat you right.

if not, it is a huge coincidence that Danno is in Minneapolis, Minnesota and there is another guy also in the same city and state doing exactly the same thing.

Yes, that is me in Minneapolis. I have not set a buy it now price, as I do not know what is fair. I have sold about 6 of these radios with this mod, and it is usually about $100. I have also worked with owners of 67 and 68 Fords who had the AM/ 8 track tape players. They can also be converted for MP3 input to keep the look of originality. I have also explained how this is done on this forum, check for other threads with my name from earlier this year.

Are they still doing the shows, or are they done for the year? North St Paul is certainly close enough, so I could do it.

Lee, I am pretty sure that will win unless others want it for more. The only ones who might want to pay more are those who read this. For their sake and yours, I think I will be coming across another in October and doing the mod to it as well. So other readers of this site do not need to outbid you unless they can't wait. Thanks,

Danno

if not, it is a huge coincidence that Danno is in Minneapolis, Minnesota and there is another guy also in the same city and state doing exactly the same thing.

Has anyone told you that sarcasm makes you look awful. Look in the mirror next time and don't butt in on questions that are not directed at you.

Has anyone told you that sarcasm makes you look awful. Look in the mirror next time and don't butt in on questions that are not directed at you.

I wasn't trying to be sarcastic and there was no intent in my post to be mean. I was merely pointing out the obvious. You are obviously a very sensitive person who takes affront at any perceived insult. I am sorry if this is how you have to go through life.

Enjoy the rest of your day.

Just in case anyone is interested, I do the modification on the factory radios so they will work with an MP3 or CD player. I have one on ebay now, search for " AM FM Ford Mp3 69 " and you should find it. You can trust buying from me, I am in this forum all the time and will treat you right.

Danno:

how much are these old radios capable of putting out without distortion? My car is very loud and I would need some really good speakers and an amplifier to be able to hear anything. I would only be listening to the music off the iPod.

I would be running speakers in the kick panels in the front, probably stuff another pair in the air ducts, one in the center dash, and then a big box in the trunk.

Are they still doing the shows, or are they done for the year? North St Paul is certainly close enough, so I could do it.

I believe North St Paul has one more Friday left this Friday. Weather will be perfect.

Also, there is the annual Wheels and Wings show in Osceola WI this weekend right across the border. They moved it to the airport, so that could be cool.

Anoka runs saturdays through the 24th, Hastings has one the 17th for sure, but I am not sure it it is the last.

What car ya bringin?

MaxPower, I will ge tback to you on what my schedule is.

BigDuke and others, these radios made back then did not put out any real volume without distorting. It worked fine back then, but now people realize what they had was just good, not great. Amplifiers and nice speakers are almost mandatory. With all those speakers you are talking about, get some nice amps. You do not need those huge amplifiers, they are a joke. 30 watts per speaker in teh front and maybe 60 watts in the rear should be fine for 90% of the time.

I am also curious, as you are in Germany, do you use the same radio frequencies as in the US?

I am also curious, as you are in Germany, do you use the same radio frequencies as in the US?

re: frequencies = yes.

so could I get by with one of your refurbished radios that has been mated to some good speakers and a kicking amp?

re: frequencies = yes.

so could I get by with one of your refurbished radios that has been mated to some good speakers and a kicking amp?

Yes, that should work fine for you. You should not need a huge amp, but a few extra watts makes a large difference in audio sound quality. I put my amplifiers in the trunk.