Sign in to follow this  
blazeone

Installed rim blow - have problem

Well, I didn't install it. Had a shop do as they were doing some other work for me. Anyway car came with a Grant wood rim wheel. I bought a restored '70 rim blow. With the rim blow on there is a gap and the horn contact area does not connect so no beep beep :001_cool:.

I thought I saw something about this a while ago but have searched hi and low to no avail. Any ideas?" I have a puller and the time now. Thanks.

It seems to me the 70 wheel will not work on a 69. There are 2 rings that make contact for the horn wires. I think they are different diameters. Measure the diameter of the rings in the wheel of a 69 and a 70. I will bet they are different. Take a picture of each and Please report what you find, because i am curious. Danno

It seems to me the 70 wheel will not work on a 69. There are 2 rings that make contact for the horn wires. I think they are different diameters. Measure the diameter of the rings in the wheel of a 69 and a 70. I will bet they are different. Take a picture of each and Please report what you find, because i am curious. Danno

I can confirm that a 1970 wheel will not fit a 1969 mustang.

Having said that, does anybody want to buy a 1970 rim blow wheel that needs lots of restoration?