Sign in to follow this  
prayers1

Please identify Heater Box part!!

Before installing the drivetrain, I had the stupid idea of replacing the heater core, blower motor and hoses. While pulling the box out, I had to seperate it for it to come out, when seperating it a rectangle open metal frame fell out. I'm not sure how it goes back. I can't test fit since my parts won't be in until late next week.

Below is a diagram from the 69 shop manual. It doesn't show this part. Also, below is that part and how I think it sits in my heater box. Can someone tell me if it sits in the box as it shown or does the heater core go in first then the frame sits on top of the core and what side does the angled part of the frame sit. Thank You!

th_Heatercore.gif

th_69StangHeaterBox004.jpg

th_69StangHeaterBox005.jpg

69R-CODE: Maybe intuition told me to do it. I just didn't like to fork out more cash when I can use it elsewhere. Nice job on the rebuild. I just hit mine with some black Rustoleum. No ones really gonna see it, but I didn't like the rust and If I saw it I would always remember it.

Does anyone know where I can get the gromet that holds the blower motor pwr wire through the firewall.

Also, my blower motor negative wire was bolted to the side of the engine compartment. Is that where it belongs?

I thought about a Hardware Store gromet, but thought maybe there was a repro available.

As for the negative lead. Is yours actually mounted on the firewall? Mine is mounted on Rt Apron, closest to the firewall. What was Ford's intention?