Sign in to follow this  
JD_Squirrel

Fuel Tank

Yes but it adds 30 lbs to the back end. For more money (but still less than the cost of a fuel cell), you can get a piece of carbon fiber and accomplish a similar objective.

a 24 x 36 sheet of 3 mm thick carbon fiber can be cut to fit over the top of your tank and will not add give your car a Kim Kardashianesqe bottom heavy result.

Yes but it adds 30 lbs to the back end. For more money (but still less than the cost of a fuel cell), you can get a piece of carbon fiber and accomplish a similar objective.

a 24 x 36 sheet of 3 mm thick carbon fiber can be cut to fit over the top of your tank and will not add give your car a Kim Kardashianesqe bottom heavy result.

It seems that the Tankarmor would only cost $213.95

while the carbon fiber would cost $418.48

it is not a question of simply being twice as expensive. It is also much lighter. that tankarmor adds an extra 30 lbs of weight whereas the carbon fiber will weigh a 1/2 lb at the most.

Edited by BigDuke6

It seems that the Tankarmor would only cost $213.95

while the carbon fiber would cost $418.48

it is not a question of simply being twice as expensive. It is also much lighter. that tankarmor adds an extra 30 lbs of weight whereas the carbon fiber will weigh a 1/2 lb at the most.

Edited by BigDuke6

I read somewhere that this was a very unusual occurance- I didn't really like the thought of burning to death- but the board (don't recall which one- maybe VMF) pretty much said it wasn't really an issue. Anyone else recall that thread?

I read somewhere that this was a very unusual occurance- I didn't really like the thought of burning to death- but the board (don't recall which one- maybe VMF) pretty much said it wasn't really an issue. Anyone else recall that thread?