Sign in to follow this  
DRASTiK

Another 'What's Missing' Thread - Cowl Area

I'm ready to mount the cowl panel on my stang, and I have the two foam blocks in place and the screws that go in the front of the panel, but what should be under the windshield side to secure the back of the panel? I'd like to go ahead and order or find the needed pieces in the baggys of parts that the PO didn't label, but in order to do that I need to know what I'm looking for. Fun stuff... ;-)

Also, there are two large rectangular holes where the wiper motor is accessible through. After the wiper motor is installed, is there anything else that goes in there? Is there anything that covers these holes under the cowl or do they just remain open to the elements?

I'm working with a stripped car that I didn't dissassemble, so it's not easy to determine what all is needed. I borrowed this pic from another thread (don't have one of my own car's cowl with me). This is the current status of my cowl area..... bare.

Thanks in advance,

Dave

Edited by DRASTiK

I'm ready to mount the cowl panel on my stang, and I have the two foam blocks in place and the screws that go in the front of the panel, but what should be under the windshield side to secure the back of the panel? I'd like to go ahead and order or find the needed pieces in the baggys of parts that the PO didn't label, but in order to do that I need to know what I'm looking for. Fun stuff... ;-)

Also, there are two large rectangular holes where the wiper motor is accessible through. After the wiper motor is installed, is there anything else that goes in there? Is there anything that covers these holes under the cowl or do they just remain open to the elements?

I'm working with a stripped car that I didn't dissassemble, so it's not easy to determine what all is needed. I borrowed this pic from another thread (don't have one of my own car's cowl with me). This is the current status of my cowl area..... bare.

Thanks in advance,

Dave

Edited by DRASTiK

1+ to what jmlay said. The brackets hold the lower chrome windshield trim on and the Cowl Vent slides under the chrome trim. The Chrome Trim has to go on before the Cowl Vent. It's almost a catch 22 installation. Here are a couple of pics. One shows the Clips attached. Hope they help.

Edited by jkskinsfan

1+ to what jmlay said. The brackets hold the lower chrome windshield trim on and the Cowl Vent slides under the chrome trim. The Chrome Trim has to go on before the Cowl Vent. It's almost a catch 22 installation. Here are a couple of pics. One shows the Clips attached. Hope they help.

Edited by jkskinsfan

Thanks guys. This helps a ton! Using the pics I was able to find some of the correct clips in a baggy. They're rusty and I only found 4 so ill order some if they're available aftermarket. At least now I know what I need.

Thanks guys. This helps a ton! Using the pics I was able to find some of the correct clips in a baggy. They're rusty and I only found 4 so ill order some if they're available aftermarket. At least now I know what I need.