Sign in to follow this  
danno

Ten FM pushbuttons selects on factory AM/FM

I have found that it is relatively easy to modify the Ford factory AM/FM radio so that there is no AM radio, and when you change the slider to AM on the front, it gives you 5 more preselected stations on FM. This gives you 10 preselects on FM.

This modification could be on a radio made anytime between about 1969 and 1984.

My guess is most viewers do not have the Ford factory radio. If you do, would this be something you would want?

I have found that it is relatively easy to modify the Ford factory AM/FM radio so that there is no AM radio, and when you change the slider to AM on the front, it gives you 5 more preselected stations on FM. This gives you 10 preselects on FM.

This modification could be on a radio made anytime between about 1969 and 1984.

My guess is most viewers do not have the Ford factory radio. If you do, would this be something you would want?

I am going to verify with mine this weekend that it can be done on mine. I mentioned it to start just to see if anyone was interested in it. I am not 100% sure it can be done, just 90%.

If I am right, it involves taking your radio apart. Some are unwilling to venture into that sort of thing. I will see if it works this weekend.

Danno

I am going to verify with mine this weekend that it can be done on mine. I mentioned it to start just to see if anyone was interested in it. I am not 100% sure it can be done, just 90%.

If I am right, it involves taking your radio apart. Some are unwilling to venture into that sort of thing. I will see if it works this weekend.

Danno

I tried this on my radio and it does work! You could also put a seperate switch to change to AM if you ever would want to. I am wondering where the best place would be for me to describe this? Should I put it in the "how to" section or just describe it here? Is anyone interested in doing this?

I tried this on my radio and it does work! You could also put a seperate switch to change to AM if you ever would want to. I am wondering where the best place would be for me to describe this? Should I put it in the "how to" section or just describe it here? Is anyone interested in doing this?