Sign in to follow this  
stangmu

Mustang 69 Fastback vs. 1970 Mustang HardTop Coupe

Hi, do you know to what extend are the car parts (eg. brakes, doors, undercarriage, steering, muffler, axle...) of Mustang 69 Fastback and 1970 Mustang HardTop Coupe interchangeable? Would it be possible to take those parts from one car (70) and install them to 69 without further modifications?

It's basically the same car with the exception of what ever is visibly different on the exterior and interior(back seat, roof, quarters,etc). Suspension, brakes and most other mechanics are the same.

Most removable body panels and trim won't fit, i.e. front fenders, grill, headlight trim, lower front valance, side marker lamps, rear taillights, taillight panel, fuel cap base, rear quarter caps, rear quarter panels, rear window, front windshield, side window glass, rear side window glass, rear seat, rear seat trim/package tray, steering column, wiring harnesses, seat belts, and the list goes on. Suspension wise, they are all the same for the most part but as mentioned the tie rods are small diameter on the 69, so the tie rods and spindles are different. As long as you keep everything as a kit (steering wise), it will work.

Hi,

thanks a lot for answers. At last I thought better of it and decided not to dismantle the 70. I have another question. Would you recommend me some reliable shop where I could buy online body and engine parts to Fastback 69? I am from Europe and cannot check it by myself, so I need some shop I can trust and somebody who would give me advice. Thanks in advance.