Sign in to follow this  
rc4mike

Rear speaker

Depends on what size and where you want them located. I have seen the small 6x9 boxes sitting in the folddown area. The other option would be to buy a new trapdoor that has the provisions for a speaker. They also make the rear trim panels on each side of the seat (one with the arm rests) that have provisions for speakers, so that you don't hack up your originals.

They also make the rear trim panels on each side of the seat (one with the arm rests) that have provisions for speakers, so that you don't hack up your originals.

I haven't seen those? Where can you get them, I'd like to see a picture of them.

I haven't seen those? Where can you get them, I'd like to see a picture of them.

That's what I was going to ask. Haven't seen these either. I may just cut into my existing panels. My car is not stock anyway so no problem w modifying these panels. I'm thinking of building my sub and amps behind these panels. Lots of room in there.

Not wanting to cut into the trap door, I made a box for a pair of 6x9.

it is mounted to the door panel where PO made holes(not sure for what) the trap door will still raise with them on it.

Then I added 2 4x7 in the side panels as the right one had a hole punched in it already. this made it easy to cut them to at least hide it.

Ok I FINALLY came across these again on ebay. The seller is tut5489 and here is a link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1969-1970-Mustang-Fastback-Mach-1-Boss-Quarter-Panels-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem4cf84ff3fcQQitemZ330583503868QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Those will work nicely. Anyone use these? Wonder how they fit. Hope better than the repro a-pillar trim pieces I bought!

I'd be worried about how they would sound since you have all the open space behind the quarter panel and goes all the way into the trunk. Not sure about speakers but I know subwoofers need a specific amount of cubic volume to opperate properally to much and you could blow the cone.

No different than having rear deck speakers. You can buy baffles (or build a fiberglass box to mold to the panel) to put behind them to make the sound better. Audiophile and loud exhaust doesn't mix too well though ;)

Wow - I had never seen these before. A good alternative for those that want to leave their fold down seat untouched. I was thinking of doing like M1R and putting round speakers in the foot of the side panels.

Mike the only downside to putting them there is the speaker faces the backs of the front seats. With the speakers in the locations on that link I provided, they are angled properly towards the front seats (improving acoustics).

I tried one of those. It fit like crap. Huge gaps. Even the mounting bolt holes need trimming to line up.

I ended up throwing at away.

Oh great. Mine r on the way. Guess we will see. If they fit like my a pillar panels I'm in trouble. I ended up trashing those and repairing my original pillar panels. I'll let u guys know soon

Most repro parts fit like crap. They are always just a little bit off.

What drives me nuts is most the interior panels around the trap door are reproed with different levels of texture and the pebble grain rarely matches.

I came away from this last restore very disappointed. CJ has a great return policy if you change your mind.

Oh great. Mine r on the way. Guess we will see. If they fit like my a pillar panels I'm in trouble. I ended up trashing those and repairing my original pillar panels. I'll let u guys know soon

He was talking about the trapdoor and not the rear quarter panels. I have no clue how the rear quarters fit.

jaday, the panels you linked to are from the same company as the one I linked to on ebay, just that the ebay ones have the speaker spot.

He was talking about the trapdoor and not the rear quarter panels. I have no clue how the rear quarters fit.

jaday, the panels you linked to are from the same company as the one I linked to on ebay, just that the ebay ones have the speaker spot.

Well I installed the speaker pod panels. Fit like crap and took several hours to get close to working. Finish is way off. Much thinner than original. Guess I'll run with these for awhile. I can always hack up my original panels! Now I need to get new door panels as mine are cracked up bad.