Sign in to follow this  
danno

Police auction May 7, 1969 Mustang

See what drunken driving gets you, your car confiscated by the police. The police in Hastings, Minnesota have a 1969 Mustang they will be auctioning this saturday, May 7. The list below is from the police department.

http://www.ci.hastings.mn.us/FormsAndDocuments/2011HPDExcessProperty1.pdf

Way at the bottom of the list is a 1969 Mustang, with very little description. If it was not for a small article in the paper, I am sure this car would have sold for a very low price. I will try to find out more details of what the car is, which is critical to it's value. Maybe it is only worth $400? Maybe it is worth $4000, or more?

The article in the paper mentions it was returned to the owner after the arrest for a short period of time, and that when the police got it back some parts were missing. duh? What did these stupid city workers think was going to happen.

Anyone within a hundred miles, it might be worth investigation. I have a 69 already and my garage is full, so it is not for me.

Well, it says "Body Condition: Fair", "Running Condition: No". That says a bit about it's condition.

I've heard of confiscating vehicles used in drug sales. I've heard of the DNR confiscating vehicles for hunting violations. But I've never heard of confiscating a vehicle for DWI.

He could have been a repeat offender. In Minnesota I think they will take it for that. My guess is the reason it is not in running condition is he took parts off the engine in the time it was in his posession. I am so curious I might need to do a road trip Saturday.

Minnesota’s DWI law provides for vehicle

forfeiture for a designated license revocation or

designated offense, which is typically the third

DWI violation within a ten-year period, though

with one or more aggravating factors, a person’s

second-time or even first-time violation might

qualify as well.