Sign in to follow this  
prayers1

What is the correct BLUE engine color

for reference.

the following picture compares Plasti-Kote 224 engine enamel to "Ford Blue" 13358 with about 12% flatting added.

Of course each batch will probably be different.

The plasti-kote is on the left side. You may not be able to tell, but the plasti-kote is slightly darker blue or maybe a little more purple.

IMG_5675.jpg

Buckey, that’s a nice comparison. It's too bad we can't buy the 13358 in a rattle can. Did you compare 13358 with the VHT SP125. I heard it’s a decent match too.

haven't sprayed any of the VHT.

i wasn't overly concerned about getting it dead nuts on. i just wanted something close. all the blue parts will be getting painted with the 13358.

you can get the 13358 mixed and put in a rattle can by a paint shop.

I used the VHT, no idea how correct it is but seeemed like the better quality of the rattle can choices. It was darker than the blue on my car but mine was not original paint for sure, at least one previous and poor rattle can touch up. I liked the new VHT blue much better though, it was much darker.

I'm convinced my engine paint faded over time. It is much lighter in color than the reproduction voltage regulator and even the shaker base, which was already painted when I bought it. I think I'm going to try the dark Ford blue next time, and hope that it lightens up to match the voltage reegulator after a few miles.